Thursday, June 19, 2014

When You Are Ready, It Will Come

I am (finally) feeling open to accept the gifts of the Universe. I have been aching for this - the return of finding a (re)connection to the world outside of my head and finding the way to connect the dots with all that I see, hear and feel.

Inspiration is around us each and every day.

At my lowest, two of my friends banded together and did their very best to pump me full of inspiration, bright light and hope. I could have cried because I saw all they offered me but I felt like an over saturated sponge, unable to absorb one morsel of their motivational offerings.

I came home with a care package (books, CDs, a card and a movie) in the hope of helping me find my way and I couldn't see the forest for the trees. It was too much. Too much information, too much work and too much concentration.

That was over two and a half years ago.

Over the course of the time that has spanned between 'then' and 'now', I have been unable to concentrate long enough to barely start, let alone finish reading a book. I have heard so many inspirational words which have drawn me toward buying a book that tells me more of a story but I didn't have the staying power to sit still and read it.

Inspiration had to come in flashes of insight. Almost akin to a shooting star. It was brief and fleeting. But it was there. I just had to relearn how to focus.

There are some things in life you simply have to ride out and feel your way through as you live it. Parenthood, love and loss, grief and any type of change you did not ask for, never wanted and could not imagine happening.

Everyone's journey is so very different. What works for one person may not work for another. What worked for you in the past may not work in your present day situation. And sometimes? You are simply not yet in a place where you can fully absorb the messages the Universe is sending to you each and every day.

At the moment, I am in my place of joy. Life is speaking to me. And finally, finally my hearing is tuned into the 'channel' and the static is gone.

I see friends going through that 'lost' phase. My heart aches from being able to relate what I see, to what I went through. I want to give them all I have found, yet I am so very hesitant to over saturate them. I offer links to websites which have (literally) spoken to me when I couldn't sit still long enough to read. I have offered the first and only book I was able to read during my time of restlessness. I throw words and what-has-inspired-me out into the air and see what comes back to me.

Last week, I had a group of friends over for Supper & a 'MasterClass'.

I stumbled upon Robin Roberts by turning on the TV at exactly the right time and place (I was actually going to tune in to a kid's channel). She was being interviewed and I happened to stumble upon her just as she was speaking the words I was meant to hear. I quickly set the PVR to tape the remainder of her interview, which inspired me to purchase (and read) her book "Everybody's Got Something".

I love when I read something that speaks to me. I find myself grasping and reaching to find the essence of their words to tell a story. As I was trying to find some of Robin's words to retell to a friend, I ended up stumbling upon yet another interview. She mentioned she would be on Oprah's Masterclass. Thus, our Supper & a MasterClass idea was born.

This all came to be, because I happened to turn on the TV at exactly the right time and on the right channel.

I don't think these flashes of inspiration are by chance. I (personally) believe the Universe is continually offering us exactly what we need. But only we know when we are ready and open to receive these gifts. It cannot be rushed nor forced. Time is of the essence.

If your time has not yet come, do not fret. You are exactly where you are meant to be right now. When you are ready, you will hear what the world is trying to tell you.

When you are ready, it will come.

Every day is a new beginning, a fresh slate and a hopeful reminder that no matter what is going on, the sun will set upon one day and a new dawn awaits.

No comments:

Post a Comment