Saturday, March 14, 2020

Thank You, Adam

I went to a house concert last night. As a rule, this is one of my favorite things to do.

I don't know the "why's" of why I couldn't find my groove last night. I love the environment. I like the crowd this venue attracts. I enjoyed the company of the person I went with. But I just couldn't get out of my head and simply enjoy the moment I was in.

Then my friend brought my attention to a young boy named Adam (the singer knew him personally and acknowledged him, his birthday and the fact she had known him for most of his life).

Adam personified "living in the moment you are in". He bobbed and moved to the music. He sang out loud with great enthusiasm whenever the audience was invited to sing along. He went up on stage not once, but twice. The second time he was more comfortable and simply could not help but tap along to the beat of the music on the wooden box he sat on.

He moved to the beat, he added a well defined and perfectly timed percussion. He went with the ebbs and flows of the music, louder at times, tapping lightly at others.

Adam's smile was infectious. Watching Adam absorb the music and let it flow freely through him brought me back into the present moment. I felt his enjoyment pulse through me.

I have been thinking far too much lately. I have absorbed too much news and negativity. The state of the world is affecting me.

Then came Adam. Joy personified.

Adam changed the way I felt the world for two hours last night. Adam, you made a difference. I can only imagine how your infectious enthusiasm touched those who had the gift of watching you take in the music. We need more "Adam's" in the world.

Thank you, Adam.

No comments:

Post a Comment