Friday, June 25, 2021

Back at Home

The tedium of day-to-day living is so very much more tolerable when one's thoughts are not all wrapped up on the same old, same old.

Weekdays feel a little lighter knowing I have the option of making a quick trip out to my cozy little home-away-from-home.

Work deadlines are being met. Family responsibilities are being tended. Household tasks are getting done ever so much more easily, knowing I don't want them greeting me at the door if I decide to go away for the weekend. 

Appointments, obligations, to-do-lists. Check. Check. Check. Endless lists. 
  • Things to take with me next time I head out to our Cozy House.
  • A grocery list for my next trip to the aforementioned home.
  • A to-do-list, for when I get there.
  • Flexible plans that are not plagued with guilt, obligation or duty.
As we head toward a more flexible post-COVID life, I am not feeling overwhelmed. I have found myself smack dab in the middle of where I most want to be. 

A little oasis one hour away from the duties and obligations of my day-to-day life. A reason to tend to all that must be tended within our home and my work world.

As I tended to life-as-I-know-it these past few weeks, it has been with a bounce in my step and lightness in my heart. It feels life affirming to be taking steps towards a tentative and hopeful future.

In fact, it feels so very good that I am already anticipating the weekends when I simply stay home -my #1 Favorite Place to Be. Oh, how I look forward to waking up at home on a weekend and spending some of my newfound ambition on tending to the little things around here.

Home is my most favorite place in the world. Stepping into all the possibilities this second little home-away-from-home has created a wonderful place to dream.

I'm pleased to know I have done what is within my
control to reinstate a more normalized life one day soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment