Monday, May 30, 2022

Planned Power Outage Alert

I was informed of a planned power outage between 9:30 and 11:30 a.m. at precisely 7:37 a.m. By approximately 8:38, I had made Impossible Bacon Pie, fried onions (so they would be ready if I decided to barbeque hot dogs for lunch), pealed potatoes for supper and sliced up the remaining onion and celery for tuna sandwiches.

One hour. Meal and lunch prep complete. Dishes washed. House smelling yummy from all the prepared foods.

One hour the day prior consisted of an hour frittered away on the computer, accomplishing little to nothing with my time.

Give me a deadline and I will meet or beat it. Give me all the time in the world and I will take it all and feel the need for more.

I cannot help but think if I knew I had a set amount of time to live, how much more I would accomplish with the finite amount of days at my disposal.

The only thing we know for sure, is that we are all going to die. If we lived our days with that in mind and made the most the moments at our disposal we would soon exhaust ourselves. Living intentionally - to make something of each day we are given sounds reasonable. Then life happens. Distractions can reroute our plans in a heartbeat. 

Perhaps if we manage our distractions to "real life", put down our phones, walk away from the computer and turn off the TV we could live just a little more intentionally. It's worth a try ...


No comments:

Post a Comment