Tuesday, May 31, 2022

If I Could Save Time in a Bottle ...

If I could save time in a bottle, the first thing that I'd want to do ... would be to buy a bigger bottle.

In my one week journey to live a more intentional life and try to fit in all I should do, along with all I want to do I have discovered my uncanny knack to use up whatever time I have at hand.

A weekend of not having to work in my day job(s) was bliss. Oh, sweet glorious time! But (surprise, surprise!), I filled up my time effortlessly. 

Between yard work, house work, meal planning and company (yes!!! I have actual face-to-face people contact and company on weekends!!), I barely had time to catch up on the backlog of puzzles I hadn't had time to do over the course of last week. 

This is actually a pleasant surprise. I accomplished small things every day. I cooked and ate well. I wasn't consumed by TV, Internet and my phone. I ended each day with a small list of things I wish I would have had time for. 

Time. Are we all masters of using up whatever time we are given? In an effort to simply add a few basics into my regular ordinary life, I am scrambling to find a new equilibrium. 

I tried adding 15 minutes of some extra-curricular stretching, yoga or some form of exercise to help strengthen, tone and make my body just a little more limber. Too much, too soon? 

Time is such a fleeting thing. If you could save time in a bottle how would you choose to fill it?

No comments:

Post a Comment