Saturday, May 28, 2022

Random Idea Day

It was exactly one year ago today when an incoming text from my middle child changed the trajectory of our lives forever. "Random idea for you to think about..." Perhaps my most favorite seven word combination of all time.

I love the presentation of an idea that is worded in such a manner. It allows the person on the receiving end the freedom to consider, to ponder and wonder. No pressure - just some food for thought.

Random idea. A lovely phrase. I believe that is what I like best about sitting still with my own thoughts. The freefall of ideas that come to a person while in the shower, out for a walk or gazing off into the sky without the diversion of real-life thoughts. Random ideas can be nurtured or left alone. 

The words "random idea" conjure up all the best of the best transitions within life as I have lived it. The standout moments of my life were all planted with the seeds of random thoughts. 

In a world which has been dictated by pandemic restrictions, ethnic biases, viral propaganda spreading skewed information to purposefully sway opinions, I truly believe Random Idea Day should be an international holiday. If all information was spread in a manner in which one was simply invited to ponder without spreading fear, hate and bias I believe it could change the trajectory of where we go from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment