Friday, August 21, 2009

5 1/2 Weeks

I woke up and couldn't go back to sleep this morning. I had emailed a friend last night and she (almost always) has a reply sitting in my inbox the next morning. It was the lure of this email that may be awaiting me, that got me out of bed. I was not disappointed.

I thought that I'd go back to sleep after I satisfied my curiosity about what she may have written. But I didn't.

I checked in on the blogs I follow and I was still awake. Something led me back to my own blog and I started reading. I went back and read 5 1/2 weeks of past blog entries. Now ... I'm tired!

Whew! It's been a busy month.

It's kind of neat to have the archives of my mind written in a form that I can go back and read. I enjoyed finding that thread that was woven in among many of them, that led to my ultimate back-to-school decision.

What will I think when I go back and read these words of my random day to day thoughts 10 years from now? 20 years? Will my children ever care to read them (so far, I don't think so - I believe I overwhelm them in my words)?

I ask myself many questions when I reread my words. Have I exposed anyone's privacy in a way they would disapprove of? Do my words have the power to hurt anyone? Can anything be learned from the learning curves of my own life? Do I inspire anyone? Can people relate to my mundane ramblings and put their life into my scenarios? Does anyone really care???

I write for myself. If I truly wanted this to be a solitary endeavour, I wouldn't be blogging. I have just found through life, that there is almost always someone who is walking a parallel path. Someone who can relate and truly get what you are feeling when you say something. In conversations, it happens all the time.

So ... I write these (what I hope to be) 'relateable' meanderings of my mind and every once in a while, I hope to say something worth thinking about. I hope to make someone smile from time to time. I hope to make someone feel less alone when they are feeling like 'it's only them' that feels in a certain way.

I've written about so much more than I ever thought I would write about. And just when I think 'I think I've said too much' ... I'll receive an email or a comment that lets me know that 'someone' needed to read those words.

After reading the past 5 1/2 weeks of daily meanderings ... I'm tired. If I knew what this past month was going to reveal to me 5 1/2 weeks ago, I would have been too overwhelmed to enjoy it.

Life is best revealed ... one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment