Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Makes Me Crazy

In my quest to make getting ready for The Big Day as stress free as possible, I have gone off the deep end.

The things that 'matter' when it comes to a dance competition are crazy. The idea is to be noticed. From 25 feet away. So everything has to be done in extremes.

Hair with earth tone highlights? Blase. Let's go for carrot orange! Natural skin tones? You look pale and washed out. Tan is in! Eyes? You must notice the eyes! Nails? Hands must match the feet and grooming must be impeccable! Costumes? Glittery and showy (no more black for me)! Jewellery? 'Bling' (an adornment (as a bracelet or ring or necklace) made of precious metals and set with gems or imitation gems) is in!

Bright! Big! Showy! Otherwise, you blend in with the woodwork (I'm wondering what is wrong with that).

So ... I have gone crazy. From spray tanning, to fake nails, to fake eyelashes and fake orange highlights in my hair. I should be able to act like an entirely different person when I get out on the dance floor ... because there is nothing 'real' about me.

The past few days have been all about taking care of all of the primping. The girly stuff that is simply not me. It's sort of fun ... but oh, so time consuming (and expensive)! I've been running around the city, beautifying myself.

It's enough to make you go crazy:

No comments:

Post a Comment