Monday, March 8, 2010

Too Many Words

Sometimes the words come easy.

This past weekend, I had more words than I had time. I had emotions within me that spurred me into writing about things of a personal nature in a general sort of way.

I'm somewhat astonished when my words touch someone. I may be writing about my own experiences and how I see and feel life ... but when someone else can take my words and apply them to their own situation, I am always pleasantly surprised.

I do try to be upbeat. I try to spin a negative into a positive; something hurtful into something to learn from. I write about my mundane little thoughts, the world and how I experience it. I write about what inspires me and makes me happy. I write a lot.

Then ... I hear of someone who is living through the unthinkable. When I look around me and see the days that some must endure, I wonder how inane my 'happy little thoughts' must sound to someone who is drowning in their own sorrow.

Life just isn't that easy at times. I have experienced some heart aches and challenges in my life, but nothing compared to others. I can look back on my own life and find lessons that I learned from each step along the way. But I can't help but think that someone in a place of extreme pain and sorrow would probably like to scream at my Pollyanna attitude.

Life hands us too much at times. There are times when simply enduring the day feels like too much.

What can I say when there are no words? There are times when talk is cheap, silence is golden, and you simply need someone to quietly hold your hand and walk at your side.

Sometimes ... I just need to listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment