Friday, March 26, 2021

Almost There

Our days are now officially longer than our nights.
The sun feels warmer.
The snow is melting even on days when it feels too chilly to make a difference.

I feel like a child who is continually asking "Are we there yet?",
on a seemingly endless drive.

Wishing, hoping, waiting for more sunlight and warmer days.
Waiting for the snow to melt.

Waiting 
Hoping
Dreaming of spring

We are almost there.

Memories of my daycaring days waft through my mind when I take in this view
Days when being in the presence of children forced me to be still and savor the moment

I feel like I'm wishing my life away,
continually wondering "Am I there yet?".

As if some elusive destination awaits.
How about if the destination is "today"?
What if today is the day we have been hoping and waiting for?
And tomorrow is the same?
And so on and so forth.

Living in the present tense sounds like the best plan I know.
What do you find yourself hoping for?
Could it be wrapped up in "today" if you look for it?

I know nothing. 
I simply feel tired of waiting.

The time has arrived to enjoy the longer days and the warmer sun.
I believe there is a sunbeam out there calling my name.
Is it calling you too?

No comments:

Post a Comment