Thursday, March 4, 2021

Here Comes the Sun

Sunrise is coming a lot earlier these days and seems to be kick-starting me into guilt much sooner than has been usual.

With the sun, comes a renewed sense of motivation. Or is it just guilt when one does not act upon it?

As per usual, I am having regular flashbacks to my daycaring days. I remember how the sun shining into the kitchen spurred me into action. Sunlight is not forgiving. Dirt, dust and grime shows up best when the sun is beaming in on it like a laser.

These days, our kitchen collects more dust and cat hair than anything else. Perhaps I should waking up a little earlier so I can utilize that sun superpower to my advantage. Open up doors, windows and blinds and deal with all the dust and cat hair it reveals.

Working from home comes with many advantages. One of them is the ability to make up for lost time on one end of the day or week. As long as the work gets done, it doesn't matter when I do it. 

Maybe I could fool myself into house cleaning if I cleaned on a week day and worked on a weekend. 

Maybe I could vacuum before I start work.

Maybe I could work fifteen minutes worth of dusting into a lunch break.

Maybe I should do something, rather than sit here and write my wish list like some mystical being would come and wave their magic wand and make all my wishes come true.

No matter what way I spin it, I am so happy the sun is waking me up and stirring my thoughts into action. 

Here comes the sun! The rest is up to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment