Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Breathing in the Moment

 I woke up in a deeply feeling mood this morning. 

The kind of mood where I can hear the world speak to me through my daily meanderings through various blogs I follow.

I found the answer to the question "Why did you keep going back to your marriage?" within a blog post written by Allison Fallon: "There are moments where I am wondering what I have done wrong and why nothing I tried would fix any of it. Fix him. Fix me so he could love me. Fix me so I could love him."

That's "it"! That is exactly it. Written by someone who has walked a parallel walk. Someone who has the ability to put words to my thoughts. Precisely. Exactly. 

This is why our world needs artists. Those who can create, write, sing, paint and illustrate the world as they feel it so we can all find our connectedness within the thread that is woven into the art.

I am growing weary of this tired little life I am living. A life that feels wrung dry from the demands of my paid vocations. 

I am nourishing myself with potato chips, sweets, home renovation shows and Netflix. "Hope for Wildlife" has become my oxygen source. Watching a caring group of people rescuing, loving, reviving, saving and setting these living, breathing beings back out into their habitat is fueling a small spark I feel within me.

I admire Hope Swinimer's undying devotion to her passion. How caring for a robin that had been attacked by a cat was a step towards a future that has impacted the world around her, those who work with her and thanks to the marvel of television, spread the word to millions.

One incident. One person. Igniting the passion within.

I truly believe we all have a spark within us, just waiting to catch fire. 

I have had a hard time fanning the flame within me. I am a shell of the being I am capable of being. It feels as though my flame has been extinguished.

Then I have a morning such as this. A day where the world is reaching out and touching me. Truly, all days are just like this. The difference is this morning, my receptors are open to taking it all in.

If only my day job(s) didn't have to get in the way.

Perhaps that is why my daycare worked for me for so many years. I could wake up to a morning such as this and run with it with my little daycare crowd. We could go outside and breathe in the wonder of the world, stand in a sun beam and just marvel at the smallest of things...

No comments:

Post a Comment