Monday, March 22, 2021

Baby Steps

I set a goal for myself on Sunday:
To have an "Intentional Day".

A day without TV, computer or cell phone. 
Unplug and set my intentions on "something".

My goal? 
To make these boxes disappear from the living room:


So what did I do?

I took out the pot I use to boil potatoes.
I replied to a few emails.
I picked up a book and read. 
All day.

Until 4:00

I sprung into action when my adult child stepped into the shower
 and forewarned me it would be a long one.
Aha! A goal at last:
See how much I can do for the time it took to shower.

Step 1 - Peel and boil potatoes; start supper preparations
Step 2 - Empty the living room of the wall-full-of-boxes
Step 3 - Vacuum
Step 4 - Assemble supper
Step 5 - Relax and enjoy the meal

I succeeded in my mission:


Next weekend's goal? 
Find a home for and empty a box.
One box at a time.


Baby steps are better than no steps at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment