Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Weighty Issues

I was at my doctor's yesterday ... after all the fretting that I have been doing about my weight, I was told that I was half a pound less than I was 2 years ago. Less!?!? How could that be??

Well, it helped that I was 7 pounds heavier than I thought I was 2 years ago. That gave me a fair bit of leeway. Then, I came directly home and hopped on the scales I have. And they seem to be about 2 pounds heavier than those at the doctors office. And though, my 2 day fasting could only help matters ... I am feeling a lot better.

I never used to have scales. I went completely by the way I felt in my clothes and I never used to obsess about my weight. If my clothes felt tight, I adjusted my eating accordingly. Brainless, stressless and no 'numbers' weighing heavy on my mind.

Although those numbers truly did soar to new heights this past winter, it seems as though they have stabilized once again.

There is a calm within me these days. I'm not reaching for food every time I am feeling overloaded or bored. I still like to reward myself with food ... but lately, I've been too busy to dwell on that reward system.

Like anything, 'balance' is key. When life is in balance, food is not on my mind so much. When things falter and I'm reaching for food at every turn, maybe I should be looking within ... instead of obsessing about the weight.

It feels good to be 'back' to where I was before. The sad part is ... that maybe 'I was here' all along??

No comments:

Post a Comment