Sunday, July 10, 2011

The Holiday is Over

Our family reunion weekend is wrapping up this morning. All that is left, is the packing up and final farewells. And the memories.

These past days have been fun and easy. The easy rapport among family. Laughter, support and encouragement. The give and the take, the yin and the yang. We speak a language that some may not understand ...

There is a quiet understanding among us. Few words mean a lot ... but far too often, we use an excessive amount of words to say very little (?!?) . A look, a glance or a simple comment can send us into gales of laughter or a sense of knowing what is going on beneath the surface.

Two reunion weekends back-to-back, has been a great way to kick start the summer. Now it is time to go home.

It is time to take back my life, my responsibilities and forge ahead. It is time to achieve some of those goals that I have set for myself. It is time to buckle down and get to work.

It feels like there has been nothing but fun in my life, these past few months. One event has been a springboard as it has launched into the next. It is with quiet relief that I look at my empty calendar for the rest of the year.

I am eager to return home and start carving the path that I need and want to follow. My heart and soul have been lifted up and I am rejuvenated with an energy source that wasn't there before.

The holiday may be over ... but it is with great anticipation that I am returning to life-as-I-know-it. I'm ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment