Sunday, April 21, 2019

Netflix - The Cat Channel

Jet, our bored little black kitty, snuggled right up beside my head this morning just as I was going to get up. He rarely snuggles up with me, so I grabbed the TV remote control and hit "play" on the next suggested show on Netflix while I waited for Jet to move on with his morning. The next show in the queue happened to be Planet Earth.

The only movement from Jet from that point onward was his rapt attention on the television screen. He was intrigued by the animals but when the birds started showing off their mating dances, his ears perked up even more.

I thought he was going to jump off the bed and go investigate. But he knew better. He simply laid back and watched the show.

All I could see was the back of his head, the subtle movements as I could sense him following the movements of whatever wildlife he was watching and the instinctual twitch of his senses when the birds arrived on the scene.

Needless to say, I stayed still for the entire episode. The unwritten rule of cat parenting is "Don't disturb a content cat".

Jet's attention started to wane when they started showing the melting glaciers and highlighted the warming of the north and south poles. With no animals in sight, he lost interest. He moved from his snuggling spot and started his day...

On we go. A later-than-planned start to the day, with a little added food for thought for the day thanks to Planet Earth.

This world we live on is a miraculous thing. I do agree with Jet though. With no animals in sight, it is a totally different story.

No comments:

Post a Comment