Sunday, April 28, 2019

Movin' on Up

Well. I did it. I moved my bedroom back upstairs yesterday. Just in case I had any second thoughts, I moved every little thing. No trial run. I have moved back up.

Nothing feels quite right yet but I'm not giving up too quickly. It is time to peek my head upstairs and enjoy waking up to the sun.

I didn't wind down as easily. I didn't sleep well. But I did wake up and get up at an earlier than usual weekend waking time.

I vacuumed every nook and cranny of my old bedroom. I vacuumed and flipped the mattress then washed all the bedding. Other than a few items on the desk and a box of Kleenex, the room is completely vacated.

As I vacuumed the weekend away (the cat hair sagas continue), I was hopeful "if I cleaned it, they would come". And they did. Then they stayed for supper too.

As I emptied our (now) spare bedroom "suite", I remembered how I felt when I cleaned out the house as my daycare days wound down to a close. I felt like I was making room for change ...

I just searched the archives of my blog and found what I wrote back in October, 2016:

When the clutter and excess are gone, the dressers and closets emptied of everything that is not essential what will be left? How much can I simplify this life of ours over the course of the next three months? How far can I go? And what am I making room for?

There is not one thing whispering in my ear telling me the answers I am seeking. I just keep looking within these walls of ours and hear "Purge and release"and "Make room for change". If I empty it, they will come ...

I'm living in "The Field House of Dreams". I don't know where I'm going but I know what I must do next. That is enough for now.


True to the cycles of my life, I have been here before. I have felt this way before. The story of my life keeps repeating itself.

"What am I making room for?", I wonder quietly to myself as I vacated my most heavenly oasis of a bedroom. Perhaps? I'm making room for "me". Room to expand my horizons so I live a life that exists after I come home at the end of my work day.

I am so used to falling asleep at the drop of a pin, I thought it was odd that I didn't drop off so easily last night. Maybe, just maybe I am finding my way back to a new and improved normal. Maybe ...

No comments:

Post a Comment