Monday, November 11, 2019

She Called Me

 She called me out of the blue. Just like it was a regular, ordinary Sunday.

"Where are you?!? How are you?"

"Home," she answered as if there is no where else she could possibly be.

She said something that made me feel she knew what I had been through since I last saw her. She understood but I believe she thought I could have been stronger.

"I'll come to see you. Right now!!"

She told me not to come. Not yet ... she was fine.

There was more to the conversation but I can't remember the details. She was okay. She had spoken to my sister. My son had called her. When I asked him what her number was, he looked at me incredulously and replied her number was the same as always (why wouldn't it be?). 

This must be a dream I kept telling myself over and over. But it isn't. Because I'm not waking up. It must be a dream ...

Then I woke up. It was the day before my birthday. She always called on our birthday. I got to hear Mom's voice. She was a day early but she called.

I opened my eyes and remained in the moment. She called me. She is okay. She has been watching over me. She is home. But I cannot come. "Not yet," she told me.

She is home ...

No comments:

Post a Comment