Saturday, November 30, 2019

Rabbit Tracks in the Snow

I love fresh snow! It is the most excellent way of monitoring the presence of rabbits who wander through our yard and is the next best thing to video surveillance. 

I got home at 8:00 last night and found one set of rabbit prints entering our yard. There was a distinct "rabbit print" in the snow, where you could tell it stopped and rested a while right beside the rabbit food dish.

I checked sporadically through the rest of my waking hours. No rabbit sighting. No more rabbit prints in the snow.

Then I woke up this morning to find this!!!


Between word getting out that there is food to be had in this yard and the obvious curiousity these little guys have for our new Christmas light projector, there was a Rabbit Palooza going on in our front yard over night!


All these rabbit tracks and no actual rabbit spottings ...

It made me ponder the presence which is all around us that we cannot see. This thought warmed me from the inside, out and I felt no end of joy as I thought of the mystic and whimsical thoughts of "that which I cannot see that is all around me".

The absolute joy I felt as I gazed at all the rabbit tracks filled my soul. I gazed out into our front yard and simply enjoyed the wonder of it all.

Then guess who hopped in to have a little snack on his way past our yard? Yes, an actual rabbit! And I shall name it "Joy".

No comments:

Post a Comment