Saturday, November 23, 2019

I Tripped Over a Cat

I am going to have a lovely gash on the side of my arm thanks to tripping over the dead weight of a stationary cat on the way to making my coffee this morning.

I noticed the shredded skin on the side of the counter before I felt the impact on my arm. All I could think at the time is "This is going to make a good story!" if anyone asks what happened to my arm.

It is truly no wonder why children are eager to show people their bumps and bruises. They are living proof they survived a trauma and lived to talk about it.

My thoughts drifted towards the conversations I've had this week. How many of those chats entailed stories of life's obstacles and the journey of coming out the other side? Most of them ...

No matter what you wake up to this morning, my you find comfort in the thought that overcoming hurdles, no matter how trivial or monumental they feel at the time, will make for a good story one day.

Everyone has a story. May your story be a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment