Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Things I Love

Somewhere across my reading travels this weekend, I came upon the suggestion "Everyone should keep a list of the things they love". I wrote a list in my morning pages. I wrote another list in another notebook. I could probably write a list every day and though it would vary slightly depending upon what was moving my soul at the moment, this is my constant:

I love our home
I love being home
I love coming home
I love staying home
I love when friends and family come into our home
I love waking up in our home
I love falling asleep in our home
I love the memories made in our home
I love the aroma of supper cooking in our home
I love the sounds of our home - Mom's clock inside; her wind chimes outside
I love the morning hours in our home
I love when the rabbits wander into our front yard (love it even better when there is a new snowfall that reveals they came and went when I didn't see them)

I added other things too ...

I love watching the snow fall
I love listening to the ticking of the clock
I love white lights
I love our cat family - near and far
I love the sound of a cat's purr
I love watching cats at play
I love to laugh
I love knee shaking, real and honest conversation
I love waking up before the rest of the world starts to stir

I wrote this list from the comfort of our living room as I sat in the stillness and quiet. I loved everything about the moment I was in.

It's hard to leave the place I love most in the world. But it makes me appreciate it all over again when I return.

Rabbit food to entice the rabbits into our yard

Seems to be working, as these are the rabbit tracks I woke up to this morning (entering and exiting our yard)

... and these are a third set of rabbit tracks (exiting the yard) of the rabbit I spotted sitting in our front yard upon my waking this morning

No comments:

Post a Comment