Monday, November 18, 2019

Dreaming

"I have stopped dreaming" are words I have written in the not so recent past. My conscious mind wrote the words. My subconscious mind took those words and ran with them.

I have been dreaming dreams I remember long after I wake up these days. Almost every day I have another dream to add to the dream list.

Mom is in many of the dreams. She only spoke to me directly in one of them. In the rest, she has been in the cast of characters but hasn't had a speaking part. I guess she only talks to me on the phone.

My dreams are not disturbing. They all seem to be intertwined with my subconscious thoughts. It is as if my brain is working overtime to figure out the mysteries of life during my sleep.

I have been craving some genuine down time to be still and hear my thoughts. My "sitting in a sun beam" moments, to hear the quiet voice within, seem to be elusive and I can't chase them down. My dreams are working overtime to help me hear my inner voice.

I googled "Why am I dreaming so much?" this morning and found a variety of explanations. None of them seem to apply to me except the explanation that I am probably getting more REM sleep. I feel more rested these days so that answer appeased my curiousity.

Past and present are intertwined. My children become children again. Mom is alive and well. Lots of dreams are intertwined with my day to day thoughts. But I'm still not dreaming of the future.

It feels good to dream again, if only in my sleep. This may be key to unlocking dreams in my wakeful state.

What dreams may come as life unfolds? Time will tell ...

No comments:

Post a Comment