Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Something is in the Air (it may be change)

Something is about to change. I can feel it in my bones ...

I may have mislabeled the feeling as anxiety. I put words to it as I spoke aloud yesterday morning. "I feel like my fight or flight mode has been activated."

My vivid dream about Mom wandering around and ready to go home a few nights ago, coupled with two of Mom's favorite people in the world coming into focus lately has ignited a fire within me.

Just be there. Show up.

I am looking at our home and focusing on making it feel like a safe haven. A soft place to land. A place of comfort and peace.

After I closed my daycare, I was driven with a force of energy I haven't been able to summon since. I had a very strong feeling I was making room for change. I emptied rooms, cupboards and storage areas. Our home was open to whatever came next.

Then Mom died. Little did I know I had made room for some of Mom's belongings. They had a home here long before a home was required. This was not what I expected but it calmed me to know I had already made room for what was to come.

Our home has been undergoing a bit of an identity crisis ever since. "I have three spare bedrooms," I would tell those who were facing a fork in a road where relocation may be an option. I have room. No one came.

My bedroom availability has shifted and changed since that time. I still have the ability to house a lot of guests for a short or long time period, offering privacy, space, quiet and (unfortunately) a fair bit of cat hair to go along with it.

I have made the offer again. This time the answer was yes.

The tides are shifting. They may ebb and flow and it is quite possible life will go back to a slightly revised new normal for those who touch my world.

I am simply grateful to have something to offer.

Mom would be pleased...

No comments:

Post a Comment