Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Finding Your Place in the Sun (it may be closer than you think)

New calendar page, new year, new insights for what I want this blog to represent for the year 2020.

Most of all, I want to endeavor to write with more purpose. My thoughts may still be relatively unpolished here in this space but I do want to make room for what is working for me. By writing it out loud, I may live more productively and if by any chance, someone else may have a "me too" moment, that is a bonus.

I have stumbled onto something which feels rather big to me early this year. It is the serenity I find within "Mom's Room", our new den or as a friend of mine referred to it as "Our Cozy Room".

I have been drawn into this room on several occasions now. To enjoy a cup of coffee or tea with a friend; to sort through pictures and mementos; to write my morning pages; to write my thoughts as I work through Julia Cameron's newest book; and I hope to settle in with a good book one day soon.

I walk into this room and I'm enveloped with a peaceful easy feeling. It is lovely.

Do you have a space within your home where you feel calmer, more grounded and simply more of the "you" you aspire to be? If so, allow yourself the gift of soaking it all in, make it home and a place where you can get away from it all, right under your own roof.

With these temperatures (-33ยบ C with 19 km/hr winds this morning), finding your own piece of sun within, is a wonderful thing. 

A blissful moment in my "Sunshine Room"

No comments:

Post a Comment