Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Slow Motioned Multitasking ~ Tim Harford

I may have stumbled onto something that works for me. "Slow-motion multitasking" as outlined by Tim Harford in this Ted Talk: "A Powerful Way to Unleash Your Natural Creativity

Tim advises using cardboard boxes to hold onto your ideas, inspirations and thoughts so you don't lose track of them. Hold them in a space and come back to them later. It's okay to have multiple projects on the go. Slow track them. Don't lose your train of thought. Collect all your thoughts and ideas in a box and come back to it later.

Slow motion multitasking. I like it.

Boxes to hold onto thoughts, information and data you want to come back to at a later date. Sounds like a plan.

This feels akin to organized confusion but it calmed me to think of my overwhelmed state of mind in this light. I collected some boxes and hopped right on this bandwagon. It feels right to collect my "seeds of inspiration" in this cozy room I quietly refer to as Mom's room.

This room has been begging to be used for a very long time now. I do believe I'm onto something good.


No comments:

Post a Comment