Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Juggling Time

My world has shifted on its axis just a little bit in the form of a revised sleep schedule which has left me scrambling for time when I savor it the most.

My son will be performing in a play which has comes with a great time commitment. Since parking in and around his place of education comes at a hefty price, I have been on "pick-up" detail. This has been ongoing since his first day back to school. Four weeks of rehearsals plus one week during the performance. Rehearsals are a four to five hour commitment, Monday through Saturday throughout the duration.

This has required me to shift my preferred sleeping hours by about two hours. My early morning wake up time which gave me most of the morning time I crave is lacking. Yes, I have gained that time in the evening but I come home at the end of my days thoroughly depleted. Two extra waking hours in the evening are lost on me.

I am not making the most of the hours I have at my disposal. This is not new. It is simply an adjustment of what I had made work for me in the past.

I have not carved out time to write "just for me". I tried adjusting writing three, 8-1/2" X 11" long hand morning pages routine into a half hour commitment. Or three small pages. Or listening to inspirational podcasts or videos. I can't do it all. I have a hard time honing in on one of the above.

This week, I thought I would try to write during the time it takes my son to shower. Approximately fifteen minutes. This morning I have squandered my time explaining one of the many varied excuses I have for not showing up.

Life is fluid. The need to change, shift and adapt is a requirement. The ability to be flexible has been challenging me for a very long time.

Perhaps it was time to try out a new morning schedule. The need to have an after work hours life would most likely be beneficial. We'll see how this goes. Two and a half more weeks to go. Then the schedule will morph into something new.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I hate change. I know change is good for me, a requirement for living and being adaptable is a positive thing. I'll focus on the positives.

Tomorrow, nothing but positive energy will flow out of these fingers of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment