Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Best. Afternoon. Ever.

Into each life, a little rain must fall 
(I believe it is said and I'm too lazy to Google this to site a source so let me just say I've heard this somewhere before)

After the rain, look upwards and you may find a rainbow.

After a tough day, look outside and there is a very good chance nature will reward you with signs of hope, life and a sense of peace.

I walked out of my 24 hour "worst day ever" and into my second place of employment.
Enter ... the rabbits!

We sat on the deck, marveled at the glorious day. 
The snow is all but gone.
The sun was shining.
Life was good.

Then the rabbits started to appear. One. Two. Three. Four. At least four of them.
They paired up and played.
They hopped off into the distance, crossed the street and then came back.
One rabbit was primarily white, a second was white with its summer coat starting to emerge,
the third and fourth rabbits were mostly brown.

They came close to where we sat and allowed us to marvel over them without fear.
They frolicked and amused us for the better part of an hour.
The Rabbit Hour was the best gift I could have ever hoped for.

Then I woke up this morning.

I made a cup of coffee and did not fast track into my day.
"I need to sit, be still, watch nature and turn away from all things technological"

That is exactly what I did.
Then guess who hopped by to nibble on the last of the rabbit kibble I scattered under our tree last night in the hope of attracting my furry, long eared friends:


Life is good.

Turn off the news.
Look outside.
Better yet, sit outside if you can do so safely.
And wait.

The best is yet to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment