Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Everything is Okay

I have not had much of an inclination to "write out loud" for the past while. Largely, in part to the reams of mostly empty notebooks, journals, memo pads and various forms of writing paper I have unearthed within our home. 

As I made my way through closets, drawers and Rubbermaid containers full of memories, mementos, pictures and miscellanea of all kinds I came up with this stack of writing paper:


Add this to Julia Cameron's suggestion to hand write three full 8-1/2" by 11" pages each and every morning as soon as you wake up and I felt like my world was telling me: Write. Journal. By hand. For yourself. Unedited. Uncensored. Just write!!

So that is exactly what I have been doing. Many pages are filled with numbers, calculations, budgeting, income tax and future goals. Other pages are filled with lists. A lot of my waking thoughts have to do with my bookkeeping responsibilities. But every now and again little morsels of inner perspective surface, as I fight with pens that skip, refuse to write and make hand writing twice the chore it should be. 

I have carved out time to think, ponder, sift through the thoughts I wake up with. There has been some growing, evolving, adapting and pondering going on within my unpublished thoughts. I may choose to write more about that which I feel stirring within my soul one day. I may not.

Everything is okay. I don't want to lose my blogging habit. But journaling by hand takes time and effort that leaves little left over to share on a public forum. Maybe one day. Maybe soon. Maybe not. I'm still here. I'm still writing.

And how are YOU?? 

No comments:

Post a Comment