Saturday, November 21, 2009

All Over the Map

My thoughts are everywhere this morning ... and settling on no 'one' topic.

First off, I'm dog-sitting this weekend. This 'little' pup (horse comes to mind, when I think of her size) is full of energy. She has the energy of her border collie heritage and is the size of the other half of her breeding (German shepherd). She stays outside during the day and sleeps inside (in her kennel) at night. I hated to put her back outside too early this morning, so I've been avoiding going downstairs so that I don't have to 'wake' her. Thus ... my laundry isn't getting done.

Secondly, I'm sitting here staring at my gel-nails-gone-bad. I got all dolled up for the showcase 2 weeks ago and I thought that I'd splurge on some fake nails. One week later, they looked pretty bad. Two weeks = even worse. I thought there must be some simple solution to removing them. There is. For the small cost of $35.00, I can go back to the salon and they will file off the gel nail. No thanks. So ... I started the process of filing down my fake nails last night. They didn't look good before. They look worse now. This is the high cost of 'faking it', I guess.

After I wrote down the list of my dreams yesterday morning, I started to wonder. I know the potential cost of attending a dance competition. I wondered how that price tag would compare to going for an Alaskan cruise. I have a friend that I met 30 years ago. It was our dream to go on a cruise when we turned 40. We are a little late ... but better late than never, right? I have another friend that lives in Alaska and it would be my hope to visit her for a day or two at the end of the cruise. The cost? As far as I can tell, it would be much cheaper than the dance competition. I really started dreaming when I discovered that.

My daycare and work. These are the areas of my life that must be endured. The kids didn't have school yesterday, so I was home with a small group of my daycare kids. These are not days I look forward to. It wasn't a bad day ... but it wasn't a good one. I had book keeping work to do, but the kids monopolized the computer during the day (it was worth it, because it kept the bickering to a minimum). So I still had work left to do, at the end of the day at home. I didn't have a warm and fuzzy feeling at the end of my work day. Nor the feeling of a day well spent. TGI(was)F, I guess.

Trying to conquer this procrastination is next on my thought list. I ran all of my errands last night so that I'm not haunted by the to-do-list all weekend. I showered last night instead of this morning so that I wouldn't fritter away any precious Saturday morning time. The house is tidy and the laundry is almost caught up (it would be by now, if I wasn't avoiding 'waking the dog'). I'm ready to go, just as soon as I finish this cup of coffee. I need a productive weekend. I'm feeling incredibly lazy and I'm not liking the sensation.

Where has my ambition gone? I've been hovering in this space of unproductivity and lackadaisical living for too long.

I am ready to take control and live my life again. I have so much to do but so little drive to get it done.

As I sit here with my thoughts that are taking me all over the place, I'm getting nothing done. It's time to stop writing about it and start doing something about it. I think I've said that before ... but that was at the onset of a day that was immersed in kids.

Today is a new day. It's time to make the best of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment