Thursday, July 15, 2021

Cat Tails

We have two cats. Cats who normally make their presence known by patting us for positive attention or scratching furniture to get any kind of attention. When I sit down at the end of my day, it is not unusual to find both cats hanging around or on top of me. But if they aren't around, I am pretty certain they are hanging around in their Other Favorite Person's bedroom. 

Normally, I don't seek out to find our cats but I should be triggered to remember to look if one cat is grabbing all the attention and there is no other cat around. Especially when both of "their people" are in the same room.

On two recent occasions, I didn't notice one cat was missing for an undetermined amount of time. I do know the cat who normally sleeps at the foot of my bed had been AWOL two nights in a row. I had no vivid recollection of the last time I had seen him. I just knew I had opened the door to our den a day or so prior. So when his absence was finally noticed, I simply opened that door. Voila! One black cat, looking none the worse for wear nor stressed about the entire ordeal. He simply ambled out of the room, looking for a scratch on the neck or some form of attention. No big deal.

The second time the same cat was missing in action, we did catch on within the same day. Once again, the door was opened and he calmly walked out ready to join us in the living room and reap the rewards of two humans being available to love on him. I knew for a fact I had double checked that room before I closed the door and left the house. I checked everywhere in sight but I did not check under the couch.

This morning, I walked by the den and noticed this:


Aha!! They DO hide under the couch sometimes!! I knew it had to be true but I was hesitant to believe it until I had proof.


Then our Master Hider appeared in the hallway. It was his partner in cathood who did not know he had to tuck his tail under the couch to hide effectively. 

Our little black cats provide us with endless entertainment, joy, cat hair and Cat Tales. 

No comments:

Post a Comment