Thursday, July 1, 2021

It Was a Dream (it was only a dream)

Dreams are weird and wonderful and a little wacky. I was smack dab in the middle of a place I didn't want to be and I had no idea all I had to do was open my eyes.

My dream took me everywhere:
  • I was running my daycare
  • I was trying to leave work but my shoes were gone
  • Someone found me a very small pair of slip on sandals I could use (they commented "Thank you, Mrs ?" as they handed the petite sandals over to me, leading me to believe they had once belonged to a beloved senior they once knew)
  • I used the borrowed sandals despite the ill fit
  • I quit my job
  • I went to find my car and was afraid someone took my car so I popped the hood of the trunk to find it was still there
  • I backed out of my spot and got stuck on ice
  • I revved the car backwards to pick up speed to go forwards on the ice and forgot to look to see if it was safe to do so
  • I didn't hit anything or anyone
  • I sped past the point where I was stuck before and was in the clear
  • Next thing I know, I'm riding a bike uphill towards downtown
  • Two skateboarders were coming from opposite directions
  • I didn't hit the skateboarders and they hugged when they met up
  • I was stuck at an intersection on my bike
  • Somewhere in the middle of the chaos I stop to read all the hand written messages written in crayon, bidding me farewell from my job
  • One of the messages said, "I hear you quit because you don't like writing up invoices for snow. That's okay ..."
  • War planes were flying overhead
  • Young children were excited to see the planes
  • I was terrified
  • A plane hovered over us and a soldier calmly said if they had orders to shoot, they would do so
  • I had to turn one way to pick up my child
  • Home was in the opposite direction
  • The world was ending and I was stuck in an intersection ...
Then I opened my eyes.

Never have I ever been so relieved to wake up, at home, safe and protected. 

Then I realized I woke up to a day off. It is July 1st!!! Happy Canada Day everyone!!!

Stay safe. Wear your shoes. Watch out when you are backing up. And remember hard days don't last forever. A good night's sleep is the best medicine.

No comments:

Post a Comment