Thursday, September 24, 2020

On Feeling Deeply

This week has been a week of "feeling deeply".

I woke up one morning feeling personally responsible for pretty much anything and everything. I wanted to walk around with a sign around my neck saying "I'm sorry". It was just that kind of day. 

I have those days now and again. I attribute it to the moon. Phases. Cycles. Patterns. Days of feeling deeply are part of my make up. I recognize this and do my best to wade through the middle of those particular times and utilize the feelings to take action when circumstances allow.

As a rule, I can categorize and sort my feelings, put them in a room, shut the door and not feel the feelings so deeply until I open the door again. This week feels like the doors are all open and I'm walking through the hallway, feeling a low grade kind of angst. 

This too shall pass. I know this is true. I've walked this walk enough times to recognize the pattern.

These are trying times for most of us. Try to recognize what is familiar within your own personal cycles of life. If you can, try to recall what worked in pulling you up and out of where you have been to get to a better place. 

If all else fails, take heed of the lessons I learned in my Grade 3 Health class:

I especially like #4 - "Play out of doors every day". I know that has been lacking in my life. 

What one thing can you do to pull yourself out of your deep thoughts and back into the present?

No comments:

Post a Comment