Monday, September 28, 2020

Sunday Hangover

I just lived a Sunday of ease. Relaxation, low energy, mindless activities ruled the day. I watched TV, played Word Wipe on the computer and read a book. 

The trouble with reading, is I kept falling asleep. This, I might add, was after going to bed at 7:45 p.m. on Saturday and getting out of bed around 7:30 Sunday morning. Yet every time I sat still with my book, I started nodding off. So I ate to stay awake.

I want to say I ate my weight in food yesterday but that would be an exaggeration. I ate a toasted tuna sandwich; a bag of popcorn; a few mini chocolate bars; I'm certain I nibbled on something else; then made a four course meal for supper (with one more mini Kit Kat bar for dessert). 

I still feel full this morning. Eating without moving will do that to a person.

I considered going outside. But I didn't.

I tried to entertain the idea of accepting an invitation. But I couldn't.

I wanted to push myself to do "one hard thing". So I cooked supper. 

I read a book. And it was good enough. In fact it was more than good. I closed the book and my heart felt full.

Another week is on the horizon. Last week felt hard. I am heading into the new week well rested, well nourished and ready to take the next forward step.

Maybe my "Sunday hangover" is a good thing.

Happy Monday to you. I hope your weekend provided you with what you most needed to take your next step forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment