Friday, September 18, 2020

Small Wonders

I have not had my fill of rabbit-spotting the past several months. I had almost given up hope and wondered if they had moved out of our neighborhood or succumbed to a tragic demise due to some carnivorous animal's appetite. 

I have since had a few brief spottings and my faith has been restored. The rabbits are still in the area but without a snow covered yard, the evidence of their presence is very discreet.

I haven't seen too many rabbits at my aunt's lately either. Her location is a rabbit's haven (lots of bush, grass, flowers, along with quiet, slow moving people). 

I was craving a little bit of rabbit wonder in my day when I had two spottings. One brief sighting of a rabbit hopping down our street first thing in the morning, followed by a pair of rabbits at my aunt's who settled in for an extended after supper snack of grass and basking in the moment: 


Though they were well aware of my presence, they didn't move from their spots when I headed to my car and they gave me the gift of this photo.

I opened the blinds this morning to spot two rabbits hopping down our street. 
A very good way to start the day.

Rabbit sightings fill the void I sometimes feel within. 
Nature does that for me every time. 

I think it is time to add "rabbit food" to my list. 
I could use a little daily dose of wonder.

What brings wonder to your days? 
How can you attract that which brings you joy?

There is no one size fits all prescription but keep looking for the small wonders of the world. 
They may be closer than you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment