Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Be Careful What You Think About

I am condensing and paraphrasing someone else's words, thoughts and inspiration when I say "your thoughts become your actions, your actions become who you are". 

I am well aware that my words here lately have been rather light, focusing on little things and Pollyannaish (unrealistically optimistic). I have been working to change the dialogue I hear in my head because I really wasn't enjoying the sound of my thoughts and who I had become.

By changing my focus to the small wonders around me, I have notices a shift within myself to a more positive mindset by simply noticing and appreciating the little things in life.

When spending time with people, I carry my stockpile of "stories" within me which (lately) have included the little mini-dramas I create when I stop and watch the show Mother Nature provides on a daily basis. 

When a conversation gets stuck in a rut, I will pull out a rabbit story or a robin family drama. I do everything but name the characters within my story, though in the retelling of my happy little tales I do believe my characters sound like proper names: Momma Robin; Poppa Robin; Baby Rabbit; Mean Crow and so on and so forth.

I have a stockpile of stories yet to be told that are deeper in nature but in the meantime, here are a few photos from this morning's walk:




**Four different rabbits!!**


Watch your thoughts, they become your words; watch your words, they become your actions; watch your actions, they become your habits; watch your habits, they become your character; watch your character, it becomes your destiny.
~ Lao Tzu 

No comments:

Post a Comment