Saturday, June 11, 2022

Waking Up to a Weekend

I woke up in our city home this morning and STILL felt the sense of "ahhh" I feel when I wake up in my little weekend oasis home. How lucky am I to feel so perfectly ahhh-some no matter where I wake up, as long as it is a weekend?

I am 61 years old and still living for the weekends. That doesn't feel right. But it does feel perfect for me.

Life can change in a New York Minute. We don't know what we have until it changes. Sometimes change is good. Sometimes? Not so much.

Today, I just want to let the day unfold in whatever manner feels best. Oh, how easy it would be to settle in and have a "cat day" - a day to sleep in sunbeams, watch dust particles in the air and perhaps catch a little catnap while watching TV.

I wish you a sense of ahh-someness wherever you may find it today. A small moment that matters. Sitting in a sunbeam moment, taking in the heat and holding onto it like a warm embrace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment