Friday, July 10, 2020

Cat Lip

Our cat Jet is a loving, demonstrative little critter.

He loves to snuggle in and get face-to-face with his people. He will look deep into my eyes filled with love and then he makes his move. 

He bites.

I have gotten very good at side stepping his love nips. I anticipate his moves and I dodge his cat nipping attempts. 

It has been a long time since our adoring carnivorous black cat has nipped my face. So I wasn't fast enough. He got me. He drew blood. I now have a cat tooth sized gash on my upper lip. 

I've had pets that will "teach" kids right and wrong by gently placing their teeth on them without actually biting them. Jet is a little more aggressive than our previous daycare kitty (André). Although he may have used a little more pressure, he never ever drew blood. I can still hear the echo of my daycare past: "André is eating me". I quietly thought to myself in response, "No, he's just tasting you".

Well? Now I know how it feels. I just hope Jet doesn't acquire a taste for my blood.

No comments:

Post a Comment