Saturday, July 18, 2020

Yesterday

I had barely written the words: "The windows are dirty, the edging around the lawn could be done, there are weeds to pick, cat hair to vacuum" yesterday morning, when my Youngest Son woke up and took half the chores off my to-do-list, creating the time, motivation and energy to do some of the hard things I have been putting off.

I sweated. I got dirty. I was outside for hours on end. I physically worked. And it was good.

I achieved exactly what I hoped for at the end of my words yesterday. I cleared the slate for the onset of a weekend. 

Thoughts other than math equations, balancing and accounting wafted in and out of my mind. It felt a little bit wonderful to work outside my home office. I will definitely do this more often.

Life is all about balance. I need to balance the numbers with words, the words with thoughts, the thoughts with new input. I woke up this morning with a very good yesterday behind me. I am so ready for a Saturday. 

To be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment