Monday, July 13, 2020

Monday is Having an Identity Crisis

The joy of working from home is that as long as I get the job done, I can work within a time frame that works best for me.

When it comes to the Big Jobs, I like to have hours on end at my disposal. Hours without a deadline. Ironically enough, those hours now seem to land on the occasional weekend.

I just worked three consecutive long, productive days. It is now Monday and I am in a Sunday frame of mind. It is lovely.

I woke up early and simply followed the path of least resistance.

That path led me to the living room window. No rabbits in sight, I grabbed a book and settled into the couch and read. No coffee to kick start the morning. I simply read. And it was good.

My stomach started to recognize my morning routine was off and started to grumble a bit. I fed it a smoothie and it is appeased for the moment.

I revelled in the easiness of Monday's word puzzles after losing too many hours to Sunday's "5 star" difficulty level. 

I like Monday to start on a "1 star" level of difficulty after a "5 star" weekend.

I love working from home. I can work when working conditions are best. My days can have an identity crisis and I can sit back and enjoy a peaceful easy Monday morning feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment