Thursday, July 30, 2020

I Need a New Topic

Will today be long enough to do all that must be done?

I woke up at midnight with this thought in my mind. I thought "I could just get up and work right now ...". But (wisely) I didn't. I rolled over and slept fitfully throughout the night instead.

So much work. So little time. Working throughout the night is not a choice I choose to make. Setting boundaries when your work moves in with you, is necessary.  

But what if I had worked through the night and woke up to an empty slate this morning? Clearing the slate. What a concept. 

I do not want my work to consume me. I simply want to get to a point where I feel in control and have a rhythm with the monthly, quarterly and annual deadlines.

It is month end. Work is on my brain. This too, will pass.

I just want to write about rabbits ...

No comments:

Post a Comment