Saturday, June 6, 2020

My Favorite Way to Start the Day

I opened the living room blinds this morning and it took a second to realize the blur I saw was not dirt on my glasses. It was a rabbit parked out in the middle of the street.

I blinked, focused and saw one ... two ... three ... FOUR rabbits down the street. One on the road and three in a dandelion filled lawn (I must let our dandelions go to seed - this seems to attract rabbits).

I simply stood still and gazed at them as they shifted their positions and settled.

Can you spot them?

Here is a blurry close-up. Yes, that tiny dot is definitely a rabbit.

Rabbit spottings in our neighborhood are not quite as frequent since spring has sprung. The combination of the increasing daylight hours and the fact that I'm not feeding them has resulted in fewer rabbits spending time in our front yard. I still catch sight of one here and there but it has been ages since I have seen them gather.

I am considering putting my name down on the wait list where my aunt resides. She faces a park like setting where rabbits come to play on a regular basis. We had the treat of spotting five at one time while the landscaping crew scared them out of their hiding spots while mowing and trimming the lawn. Spotting one rabbit is a treat. Spotting two or more is a gift.

Rabbit spotting. My favorite way to start the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment