Friday, June 19, 2020

If This Was Your Last Week

I read the question "If this was your last week, who would you choose to spend it with and what would you do?" within a blog I follow (Be More With Less). If I had one week?!??

I stopped in my tracks at "one week left". If I had a firm date of expiry, I would have to do so very much in order to settle in and enjoy that last week.

The clutter. The shredding. I would gift. I would give. I would toss. I would ensure my estate plan would do what I wanted it to do. 

I would leave notes. I would write. I would phone. 

I would leave a clean house.

Have you noticed I have not yet left my home? I could visit so many more people if I could just reach out and phone them. Staying home is simply so much more time efficient. And safer during this Time of the Coronavirus.

Yet ... if this was my last week, I would like to hope my house was already in order. Then I would open my door (or gate, if the COVID distancing recommendations were still in place), turn on the coffee, stock up on cold beverages, buy some snacks and let the visiting begin. 

I didn't need a global pandemic to remind me to stay home. This is where I've wanted to be all along. 

No comments:

Post a Comment