Sunday, June 28, 2020

To Infinity and Beyond

I know the definition of infinite. I look at our cats and I know there is a finite amount of hair on them. But when it comes to vacuuming said hair? There is no end.

I vacuumed for three hours today. Then I sat down at the computer table in the kitchen and there are black cat hairs violating the space I just vacuumed. 

This all started because I washed my sheets this morning. My morning ritual of using the lint brush to rid the bedding of excess cat hair was topped up with vacuuming the quilt, then throwing it in the dryer to "fluff" and collect any cat hair that remained. There was lots.

I proceeded to vacuum every most of the nooks and crannies in my room. At one point I was standing still and a tuft of black hair wafted right into my line of sight. I vacuumed the air around me.

I vacuumed and vacuumed and vacuumed some more. I vacuumed the baseboards, some walls that had stray cat hair on them, doors, tops of the door frames, the foot pads on the chairs, end tables, couches, the stove (yes, the stove top too) and so much more. 

Cat hair was everywhere.

I started dreaming of owning hairless cats then admonished myself for being so racist when it comes to cats. I like cats with fur. I have a tendency to prefer black cats. I like short haired cats. Male cats. If the cat kingdom knew my thoughts, our front yard would be littered with cats protesting "ALL cats matter".

Racist or not, I like my cats with hair. To infinity and beyond!

No comments:

Post a Comment