Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Waking Up Saturday

My word well seemed to run dry over the course of the weekend so I'm going to rewind the clock to see if I can find out why ...

I socialized with four people outside my safe little "bubble" on Friday. It was awesome. The moment I was in was the best moment I've been in for a while. It was everything I loved about the life I used to live when I was fully immersed in family.

I woke up Saturday morning feeling the afterglow of such an amazing reunion. Then the reality of our current day world came crashing in on me. 

We were not properly socially distanced. We were in a confined space. We shared food. There was open food on the table. 

Not only was I exposed to those whose company I kept, I was exposed to all those who they had been exposed to. Suddenly I had a visual of the diagram I have seen pop into my consciousness. I have read how community exposure to the Coronavirus can be equated to sexually transmitted diseases. When you sleep with one person, you are immediately sleeping with all their partners and their partner's partners and so on and so forth.

Never have I ever wanted to isolate and insulate myself from the world so much. 

My request was denied and I had to move onward. Then came Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment