Monday, January 14, 2019

One Step at a Time

It started with a ticking fridge. The ticking made me think of a bomb counting down. How long would it tick until the fridge quit altogether?

I took a risk and believed it would be good for one more week. I booked a service call for this afternoon (one week after the initial phone call). I didn't want the service person to think I was a slob so I did "one hard thing" before 8 am. I pulled out the fridge and cleaned behind and under it.

Our fridge has been leaking something green for quite some time now. The fridge just kept on working, so I ignored the green dye which was infiltrating the floor and baseboard behind the fridge. But this morning, all I could think of was the new flooring which I have been dreaming about.

I don't want a new floor to be stained so I dropped into our friendly, neighborhood used appliance store and bought a new-to-me fridge to replace our present day green-oozing-ticking fridge time bomb. It should be delivered any time now ...

Add the flooring guy into the mix. He was scheduled to drop by to measure the house this afternoon. I had all but cancelled the idea until this morning. This morning, I knew without a doubt that I want to get new flooring in the kitchen. NO doubt about it. This flooring has seen better days and this IS a room I could define a definite "start" and "stop" point.

So ... my flooring guy is en route as well.

ONE step at a time. FIRST, replace the fridge. SECOND, decide on the flooring.

One room? Or the entire main floor? Who knows where this saga will end.

No comments:

Post a Comment