Friday, January 25, 2019

I Love My Life!

As I was making my bed around our cats this morning, I heard myself say aloud, "I love my life!"

What an incredible way to feel as the day began. I was simply appreciating our cats' personalities as they lazed on my bed as I straightened the covers around them. I think they appreciate our quiet little life here as well.

I have seen, felt and lived this week just a little differently. Being on the outside, looking in, one interprets life in a renewed light.

I have appreciated the decisions that have been easy to make. As we take one tentative step into our main floor renovation, it is the simplest of things that are pleasing me the most.

My "kitchen guy" is revamping our sturdy, older cupboards. I should be able to renovate the entire kitchen for a cost far less than replacing them.

He is going to replace the latches that don't work so we won't need to have childproof door locks to keep the cats out of our cupboards!

He is going to put a bottom shelf in the cupboard above the fridge! A previous owner cut out the shelf in order to make room for a fridge. Our cats have discovered this new and improved way of getting into the top shelves and Jet (our Bored Kitty) takes great pleasure in resting in the aforementioned shelf, so when you open the cupboard after he has spent some time there, the contents of the shelf fall out.

He is replacing the plug ins and light switches!

He is replacing our dim kitchen lights to ones so bright we will need a dimmer switch!

He does all the shopping and brings his "top two" to our home and asks me to choose a favorite!

He has an eye for what will look best and I trust his decisions implicitly.

He has spent ONE day in our kitchen. We came home last night and I was elated. Not one second thought. It was time. It was long overdue.

Oh, how I wish I could share this with Mom. She would share my joy. I just know she would!!

I have a good life here in my little corner of the world. I can feel myself changing along with the tides of this renovation project. The time is right. The time is now.

I love my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment