Thursday, January 31, 2019

Chaos

Last night, we came home to a note from our reno-guy: "Sorry for the mess! Things are everywhere ..." I looked up and around the kitchen and thought wondered what mess he was talking about. Everything looked much the same as when we left in the morning, minus the aroma of paint greeting us as we walked in the door.

I was so excited to see he had started painting our cupboards, I failed to notice the cupboards were empty. Not only had he painted all the framework of the cupboards and removed the doors, but he had also painted the inside.

How could I not notice the empty cupboards?!

Thus, when my son walked into the living room and uttered a low "Whoa!", I was shocked and surprised to find the contents of our upper cupboards placed carefully onto the empty flat surfaces I had created in preparation for moving-the-upstairs-into-the-basement. "Whoa!"

My carefully controlled and organized state of disarray (aka: sanity) has been tampered with.

We proceeded to empty the bottom cupboards and drawers into a spare room to create even more disorganization. But the knowledge that this will soon be followed by moving everything back into its place and the kitchen will be in order and full working condition before painting begins helped me through the moment.

The sad part is, that EVERY part of my life feels a little bit how our home looks at the moment.

At work, we are dealing with year end, month end, T4's, Revenue Canada deadlines, payroll and all the day to day stuff that crops up (and there is a lot of that). Then there are "mistakes of my past" which have been catching up with me over the past few weeks. My confidence level is very low at this time of great demands.

At home, I have three little (aka: BIG) projects I need to start &/or finish for other people. These boxes/file folders are presently sitting in three piles on the desk in the spare room, which is also presently holding the contents of our bottom cupboards.

I didn't realize our reno-guy was going to paint the inside of our cupboards (but oh, so grateful that he is), so I wasn't mentally prepared for the purging of said cupboards. Everything is covered with a layer of reno-dust and there is stuff I NEVER use in those cupboards. So it will be quite a little project to undertake as I reload the freshly painted brand new/used cupboards.

Then there is life, itself. I have taken on living my life in every sense of the word. I have added "people" back into the mix at the same time as all of the above.

Thus, when this appeared on my Facebook feed this morning I knew this message was meant for me:

Photo credit goes to Souls in Transition

This is quite a ride, Universe. I appreciate you feel I am up to the task. Though sometimes? I think the Universe is just sitting back and laughing at me...

No comments:

Post a Comment