Tuesday, January 22, 2019

January Blues

January is fast becoming my least favorite month of the year.

I thought I had circumvented the nastiness that January has to dole out by deciding "now" was a good time to take on a house renovation. I am knee deep in decisions at this very moment. I have talked to four people who are getting back to me with estimates. I simply want to make a decision and be done thinking. 

Moving the contents of our main floor into our basement sounds like a piece of cake compared to all of this decision making. 

My annual check up is behind me for another year. Apparently I've only gained half a pound since last year at this very same time. They told me I lost 10 cm around my waist. They are wrong. My waist measurement is holding steady. I feel at least ten pounds heavier. I believe there has been a redistribution of weight happening. My body is undergoing its own renovations. I would like to talk to the contractor. I don't like how this new look feels on me.

My head was bouncing all over the map thinking all these inconsequential thoughts. Meanwhile, out there are people dealing with life altering news. This seems to be the time of year when that happens. At least to some of the people who touch my world.

I want to move our belongings downstairs, hire someone to make all the decisions, do the work and call me when its over.

Deciding on flooring, paint colors and "the best painter for the job" is a walk in the park compared to the decisions others are facing ...

No comments:

Post a Comment