Tuesday, January 29, 2019

A Personal Renovation

I have more energy than I have had in a very long time. Apparently (for me, at least), ambition begets more ambition.

I know we are only in the first stages of this "reno" thing and only the kitchen is affected thus far. But my reno-guy cleans up after his work day and the kitchen has been left in very usable condition each and every evening thus far.

As I talk to the various people working with me on this renovation of epic proportions, I'm feeling somewhat in control of the fate of our home.

It's going to get worse before it gets better. But it IS getting better.

Life is like that. It isn't all an uphill climb. It is a state of disrepair before much needed updates and repairs can be done. 

Whether it is a broken relationship, a job situation, health and any number of life changing events. Sometimes we just need to strip things down to the bones, see what lies beneath the surface and go forward from there.

So far, there have not been any nasty surprises. We seem to be working on a good, solid base. Thank goodness.

As disruptive as this appears on the outside, I still feel calm. I am comforted by the ability to say "yes" easily. I am gaining confidence as each piece to the puzzle fits together without a struggle. I am gaining momentum as I visualize where we are now, where things are going and the end result of this time of great upheaval.

I am feeling renewed, regenerated and re-energized. I feel like I am undergoing my very own personal renovation along with our home. 

I am guessing that I am feeling a little of what Mom felt each time she renovated her home. Mom's home was her oasis. I think I have a little bit of Mom's spirit within me. 

I'm coasting along with the current of life and I am enjoying the ride. 

No comments:

Post a Comment