Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Morning Pages and Me

Three pages of writing long hand each and every morning (almost) since August 26th has consumed one journal, three scribblers, nineteen pages of loose leaf paper and over six pens.

As I utilize my mornings writing three pages of the clutter that is in my mind upon waking, I realize I could have written 30, three page letters to send out over the Christmas season instead.

All the paper, all the ink, all the time invested ... and what do I have to show for it? One journal, three scribblers and nineteen pages of writing that will be shredded just as soon as I make the decision to do so.

There is nothing I've written on those pages I care to reread. My morning thoughts are negative, whiny, repetitive and annoying.

Perhaps it is not a bad thing I didn't write 30 Christmas letters in 30 days after all ...

P.S. I am wondering if Julia Cameron is in cahoots with the pen and paper industry???

Just kidding. Sort of. There has been some therapeutic value to this writing. No creativity has been ignited but I tend to be a little more positive about things after I've purged my negativity onto my pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment